The Research Bazaar is a practical, two-day, hands-on, unconference-style event for all members of the UW-Madison campus community who are interested in data science – including expert methodologists, novice learners just getting their feet wet with data science tools, and people who apply data science to their specific disciplines. Presenters from all disciplines, all UW-Madison affiliated individuals, and individuals from the surrounding Madison area are encouraged to apply. The Data Science Research Bazaar invites submissions for its first bazaar taking place at the Discovery Building on January 24-25, 2020.
The Research Bazaar is seeking proposals for the following presentation formats and workshops:
- Lightning Talks (3 minute short talks looking for collaborators/resources or sharing a data science tool/pipeline/resource)
- Concurrent Sessions (90 minutes for forming or meeting with Communities of Practice, tool demonstrations, other longer form discussion sessions)
- Workshops (2.5 hours to teach a hands-on tutorial for a tool, workflow, or concept.)
- Building an Innovative Research Community at the UW Madison – Poster Session I (Day 1)
- Data Science in the Community – Poster Session II (Day 2)
- Art Exhibit
The Research Bazaar is also seeking proposals for the following networking opportunities:
- Birds of a Feather Sessions (lunchtime networking with individuals interested in a particular topic area)
- Marketplace Booths (Sponsored booths to showcase services and resources)
- Career Flash Talks (5 minute short talks about how data science and research computing are used for your position)
Help make the Research Bazaar a successful exchange of ideas and skills by participating and submitting your idea. Proposals are due on Dec. 2nd , 2019, unless otherwise noted in a specific call.