Each presenter will have the opportunity to give a 5-minute flash talk that focuses on showcasing the role of data science in the company or group that they represent. Each presenter that gives a flash talk will also then have the opportunity to host a booth or table that participants can visit over lunch.
Career flash talks will include answers to the following questions:
- How does the organization use data science?
- What career path did the speaker follow to reach their positions?
- How do you translate what you learned in college to your career?
- What are some of the main differences in postdoctoral work in academia versus your sector?
- Any challenges in transitioning from academia to industry?
- What skills (at bench or otherwise) are most important for postdocs wishing to transition to industry?
How can your company or group participate in the Career Session?
- Become a Platinum Sponsor to secure a Career Flash Talk session.
- Sponsorship not right for you? You can submit your proposed flash talk for review. Additional talks will be selected depending on space and committee discretion to ensure a variety of data science/computing careers.