The University of Wisconsin – Madison has a long standing relationship with The Carpentries, a global organization of researchers who volunteer their time and effort to create workshops that teach software engineering and data analysis skills to other researchers. Since January 2019, the Data Science Hub has been carrying on the tradition of hosting these workshops on the UW-Madison campus that the Advanced Computing Initiative started in April 2013. Research Computing Facilitators from the Center for High Throughput Computing have also been key in developing the Carpentries community at UW-Madison.
- September 16-December 9: Fall Mini Workshop Series — Registration open
- September 16: Automating Tasks with the Unix Shell
- September 30: Data Management with SQL
- October 14: Version Control with Git/GitHub
- November 11: Jekyll (same content as on November 25)
- November 25: Jekyll (same content as on November 11)
- December 9: Introduction to Docker
Complete list of past workshops available here.