The University of Wisconsin – Madison has a long standing relationship with The Carpentries, a global organization of researchers who volunteer their time and effort to create workshops that teach software engineering and data analysis skills to other researchers. Since January 2019, the Data Science Hub has been carrying on the tradition of hosting these workshops on the UW-Madison campus that the Advanced Computing Initiative started in April 2013. Research Computing Facilitators from the Center for High Throughput Computing have also been key in developing the Carpentries community at UW-Madison.
- June 16-25: Health Science Data Carpentry
- June 10-19: REU / Undergraduates only (Software Carpentry and Data Carpentry)
- July 13-17: Geospatial Data Carpentry — Registration to open on June 18 at 9 a.m.
- August 3-14: Genomics Data Carpentry — Registration to open on July 6
- August 17-25: Software Carpentry — Registration to open on July 13
Complete list of past workshops available here.